Red Lodge Montana

Red Lodge Montana

September 19, 2016

Transfers

Dear family and friends,


Well I'm not sick this week so that makes life a whole lot easier! And we did some good things that I really enjoyed.

We had a lesson on Monday with Tristan Allen, the boy that's on schedule to get baptized next Wednesday. We also had a lesson on Wednesday and then our zone leader came up and interviewed him on Friday for the baptismal interview! It's all set up and ready to go! And his stepmom is taking care of all the program and stuff so it makes it really easy on us. Cause I've done baptisms in the past were we literally set up everything! So this one we can just sit back and enjoy. I'm super excited.

Since Wednesday this week we've been in a trio because one of our zone leaders finished his mission so our other zone leader has been with us and will be with us until Wednesday. So we have been having all sorts of fun. We did some service for a nonmember and it was so fun. We dug post holes for a few hours and it was amazing. Nothing better than getting some real physical labor in. Everybody in Fairfield loves our zone leader already because he's just a jolly farmer like everyone here so we've gotten more food this last week than this whole transfer! He's like, I wanna stay in Fairfield! Haha but unfortunately he can't.

Elder story is getting closer to the end of his mission. He goes home in December so the biking season is coming to an end which means he needs to get rid of his bike so he doesn't have to to pay a hundred bucks to send it home. So we went and pawned off his bike. He got $50 for it, not bad.

This Sunday was a super stressful one! It was transfer news day, we had to give talks in sacrament, and we had to give a fireside in Sunriver. That's a lot of crap to have on your mind in one day! But we made it through. We each gave a talk about Christ like service. It was good for me to study. And then the youth fireside we did was on missionary work. That was the first time I've done that so it was very stressful as well. The leaders said we did great but I wouldn't say we did great, it was more of an ok. But hey, it was our first time doing something like that. It was good for me. It takes some serious skill to be a youth speaker. You've got to somehow juggle being spiritual while having just enough fun to keep them engaged. It's an art really. But it was a success because I learned a lot from it.

Transfer news! So, it's kind of unexpected, but president called me Sunday morning and asked me if I would train a new missionary. Oh heck yes. I'm both nervous and excited. But this will be a chance to redeem myself since the first time I trained I was only 6 weeks out. But elder Wylie turned out ok so I'm hoping this one will too. And here's the catch. He's Spanish speaking... Yeah president was like, I don't know why the Lord’s sending a Spanish speaking elder to Fairfield but he has his reasons. So I will be helping him learn Spanish. Since I know Spanish, right? No, no I don't know any. But maybe I'll get to learn from Spanish from it? It could be a really neat experience. I will be getting him on Thursday so I've just got to wait anxiously until then. I'm sure he will be great. And that also means that Elder Story is off as well. He's going to Wyoming. That lucky punk. Both me and my zone leader love Wyoming so we were like you suck when we found out. But hey, he deserves it. And I will definitely miss him. He's been great. I've learned a lot from him. He was experienced and mature so I really enjoyed him.

All that's left for me to say is that this work is real. Not much else to it. It's led by the Lord and it's not going to stop! You can either jump in and help or get out of the way! Love you guys, I hope you have a good week!

        -Elder Schneider

Trio




No comments:

Post a Comment