Red Lodge Montana

Red Lodge Montana

February 29, 2016



Blessings


Dear Friends and Family,


It's been a great week. I love all the blessing we've been receiving lately. It makes me feel spoiled. Alma 26:10-12 is exactly how I felt at the end of the week. It's says,

“10: And it came to pass that when Ammon had said these words, his brother Aaron rebuked him, saying: Ammon, I fear that thy joy doth carry thee away unto boasting.

11: But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.

12: Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

We've seriously been handed so many prepared people in this short two weeks that I've been with Elder Palmer. The members here are really awesome so they just keep inviting their friends and are like, here, teach my friend. I honestly don't know what it was that made this happen all of sudden but I'll take it!

So we have three people that are committed to baptism right now. Two of them are on date and one is praying for a date. But the first one is a girl named Michelle. She's a 13 year old that a member brought to church. So we asked the member if we could teach Michelle in her home, and she said she would ask her. And it worked out perfectly. We've taught the first three lessons and some commandments since then and she will be baptized on the 10th of March and confirmed on the 13th. We taught her the Plan of salvation and at the end of the lesson we asked her if she believed that what we taught her was God’s plan. And she said, "It’s a good plan, in fact, it's the only plan". Man that was sweet to hear. And then we have another girl that is 17 who is the one who is praying for a date to be baptized. Her name is Kaylee. She was a referral from one of the youth of the Ward. So we've been teaching her too. We've taught her the first two lessons. But the coolest part was when we taught the Restoration. At the end of the lesson she told us that there have been a lot of things that have led up to her being there for that lesson and she knows that this is something she needs to do and be a part of. So that was another blessing. And the third person is a young kid named Jaydon who's 14 and he was also a referral from one of our youth! (Our youth here is awesome) he agreed to take the lessons in the members home and now he's committed to be baptized on the 26 of March. We taught him the first lesson and then we followed up our commitment we gave him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon in the second lesson. We asked him how he felt when he read it and this was his answer, "I got this warm bubbly feeling in my stomach and chest. I can't explain it. Maybe it was the coffee I drank earlier?" Haha then I asked him if he felt that way before he read and he said no. Then we taught him that it was the Holy Ghost and how it was working on him. It was pretty funny. But he says he gets that same feeling during church and other lessons so he's solid. But that's the focus people we are teaching right now. We have other people we are hoping will turn out but we will see.

I'm really loving this town!! I love this area and my companion and how everything is going right now. I know it's not going to be this great and fluffy forever but I'm just going to savor it while it lasts! I also learned that this town has a buffalo pasture, pretty cool huh? Who needs Yellowstone? Not us!

We also had some troubles with our bikes this week. So we just got them out since its warm enough to ride now right? So we get them up to par and patch any holes and get the brakes all good so we can hit the streets. Well did all of this on Saturday and were super pumped to go out and talk to people on our bikes. Well we get hardly 3 blocks and Elder Palmers back tire goes flat. We're like ahhhh man. We look at it and it had a bull head that punctured it. So I'm like, I better look at my tires. And we both look at all of our wheels and there was bull heads all up in the wheels. I pull one out of the front tire and it goes pssshhhh and start losing air. So we're like crap and ride home really fast with what air we have left in our tires and by the time we get back, all 4 tires are flat. Like nothin in them. So we will have to do some patching or buy some new tubes. Super lame. But that was our random adventure of the week.

I think that's all for this week. I hope you guys are doing good and loving the Lord. I miss all of you and want to hear what's happening in your life. Keep me updated! Love you guys!

   -Elder Schneider

Still goofy






Posted this one on his FB page with an invite to come play dodgeball

No comments:

Post a Comment