Red Lodge Montana

Red Lodge Montana

October 5, 2015

Another good week


Dear Family,
 
This week was another good one. Which is funny because we barely taught any lessons, but it’s because of the things me and Elder Wylie learned. We were able make a lot of improvements in both our teaching and our usage of time. We actually taught some good doorstep lessons in which the people were uninterested to begin with but by the end of our little doorstep lesson we had set up a return appointment. I’m making elder Wylie be more involved in our teaching and I'm doing better at focusing on his training. Once I'm done training myself I feel like we can focus a little more on him and then we can also have more time. But training is going good. We still don't have anyone on date but we do have some solid progressing investigators that I have high hopes for.

Conference was amazing. Being out here I can truly appreciate and enjoy conference like I should. I went into this conference with a completely different attitude than what I have had in the past. I actually wanted to learn something and I really was prepared to go into it. There was so much more meaning to the words of the leaders of our church because I went into it with a desire to learn. The spirit testified many truths to me as I listened. Some of the things that I really enjoyed were heard in the priesthood session. I believe that President Eyring taught that the Lord will magnify our efforts when we just simply try our best and do our job. When we have faith and patience and follow the will of the Lord we can see miracles unfold in front of us. Another thing that I soaked in was a talk about self-improvement. And the speaker told us to ask the Lord, "what lack I yet?". I love that. When you combine this talk and ask the Lord, "what lack I yet?", and, "what is thy will for me?", we can see a new horizon of opportunity. When we are doing everything we can think of to overcome an obstacle and are praying for help do we ever stop and say, well, obviously this isn't working, what does the Lord want me to do. And no, that doesn't mean sit around for some answer to magically appear in front of you, it means that when you feel like you've tried everything have you tried what the Lord wants you to do? I come to this realization often when looking for people to teach. I feel like I've searched everywhere and tried everything and I don't know what else to do. So I ask God, where do you want me to go and who do you want me to see. And then I go with what I feel like is an answer. It may be just a thought that popped into your head or maybe what something someone around you will say, but it will trigger a surety of what you should do. One of the assistants that came on an exchange with me told me to pray and then if it felt good, do it. So I did. And it's made a huge difference. Because after all, this is the Lords work, not mine. And the same applies to everyone. Because the Lord has a will for everyone. So I encourage you all to ask God what his will is for you. And then ask, what lack I yet? He will show you your weaknesses and your faults so that you can know for a surety of what is to be done. Yes, it takes humility and faith, but the rewards can be great. And remember, if you pray without faith and with resistance, it will do you no good. To add to that, you must have real intent. That means that when you do get an answer you will follow that prompting. It may not be what you expect, but it's probably right on, because what you were trying wasn't working so the lord showed you otherwise. Ask in faith that the lord will show you all things, and stay clean so that the Holy Ghost can tell you the truth. This one simple truth can make a huge difference in the quality of your life.

This is my last week as a trainee and it feels kind of weird, but I'm so glad it's on the last stretch. Because I will no longer be a new missionary, I will be fully trained. Well, I hope I will be! Anyways, it's just nice to not have to call and report training every week. So I'm excited to just focus on being a trainer and not worrying about checking a list off for me too. And elder Wylie will benefit from it more too. Things are looking great for us missionaries, we are getting this down slowly. But I tell you what, time is flying!! I can't believe I've been out almost 3 months already. I swear I was just packing haha. But it's a joy to be doing such a great work. There is nothing better I could be doing for my life right now. I see that very clearly now. Even when it's hard I still remember that what I'm doing is good, so I should be happy no matter the circumstances. I love you all and I'm praying for you all. Just keep being awesome!
Until next week, bye :)

                   -Elder Schneider


No comments:

Post a Comment