Red Lodge Montana

Red Lodge Montana

September 28, 2015

Week 11


Well, I’m on week 11! I’m almost done training! Yes! This week was hard. But I guess they all are. It was super up and down. I swear a mission is just to throw your emotions in a loop. Cause your mood can change in like 5 minutes out here. One minute I’m angry and depressed and then another I’m as happy as can be. I guess that’s just how it is when you're learning.

The progress of our work is not really going anywhere. And I used to tell myself numbers don't matter, but it gets really hard when you're trying your best every day and there isn't a whole lot of progress made. But me and elder Wylie have really broken down our teaching and kind of discussed what we need to improve on. So we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We see what we can do to improve and we get better daily. So I know that success will come eventually. And the better we teach the more likely we are to get into someone’s home for the second time. And that’s the key, if you can get into their home with another member and teach a powerful lesson, because doorstep lessons are hard to do. But we are figuring things out like I said. And I actually look forward to go out and teach because I have the opportunity to practice what we learned. I see lots of success in our future.

Some funny stuff has happened this week too. Sometimes when you're just tired from work and you're tired of rejection the littlest things can make you laugh. For example, we do service for the Library every Wednesday. And one of our jobs is to pick up a ton of these little crab apples that fall off of the tree they have. So we picked up a ton of these little apples and put them in a plastic trash bag. And this bag was loaded. So were like, how are we going to get this bag over to the trash can? so i was a dunce and thought it work if I just ran with it really fast. And so I take off with it. I get half way through the parking lot and then the bag rips open, apples all over the parking lot. Normally I would get angry but I was just so sick of annoying things that all I could do was laugh. And now we have that funny story behind us. And sometimes people just make me laugh. I meet some crazy Montanan’s.

In all things are still great. At times I get homesick but it usually passes in not too long. I think the best thing I can do is just stay busy. We had exchanges with some of the assistants last Monday and that helped us a ton. They taught us how to be way more successful. We now know how to plan way better so that our day is full of useful things that are actually important. So things are looking up and I'm excited for the future. My teaching is still pretty rusty but I'm improving. I need to learn how to teach to meet people's needs and help them understand why the things we teach can bless them and how I can show them it's true. Once I can figure that out it will be a lot better. I just have to go by the spirit. And in the end, everything we do as missionaries should be by the spirit. The lord always has a place for us to be and someone for us to go see. We just need to ask him and he will show us.

I'm still so grateful for the opportunity to be in this mission. I don't know if there is another mission with so much integrity and truth. The leaders of the Billings Montana mission are leaders of God and they know how to lead a successful mission. Obedience is standard here and I appreciate it so much. It shows how obedience brings success too. I'm pretty sure that the Montana mission is one of the highest baptizing missions in the US. The members here are awesome too. Sometimes they slack on their missionary work but they are so loving. It feels like home. The area I'm in is awesome too. There is so much potential for success here too. I just want to reach it so bad because there haven’t been very many baptisms lately. If we can get the members to get going on their work it would help a lot. But anyways, that's all. I hope you all are doing well and are finding answers to life. I love you all. I'm keeping you all in my prayers.

Here are some pictures too! And the nasty pictures of the meat hanging is in Bro Guptils garage. He butchers elk and stuff for people so I thought I would send it to you.

     -Elder Schneider







No comments:

Post a Comment