Red Lodge Montana

Red Lodge Montana

April 10, 2017

Miscommunication

Hey all, 

A slow but busy week. We for some reason didn't have much lessons but we did try to work and find a lot. 

A funny story that happened this week. So about 6 weeks ago a guy self-referred himself to the Bozeman 3rd Ward missionaries online. So the 3rd Ward Sisters gave him to us cause he is a YSA. So we go and contact him and tell him where our church is and when it starts and all of the little details. So when we told him where the church was we told him it's on the corner of south 5th and Grant. Well after that, 6 weeks goes by and we haven't been able to make contact with him again. We text him, knock on his door and call him. Nothing works. Finally this last Thursday he replies and is like who is this and why won't you leave me alone. And we're like, it's the missionaries that you wanted to meet with and come to church with. And he replies, what are you talking about I thought I joined you guys already? And we are like, what do you mean? And he's like I've been going to the building on the corner of south 5th and grant every week. And we sit there for a second and realize that right across the street (also the corner of south 5th and Grant) is a college fraternity house. So this awesome self-referral has been going to a frat house for 6 weeks and is now going to be joining them soon. He was like, I had no idea you guys had so much fun thank you so much. So we had to tell him the awkward info that we were the building on the other side of the corner. He texted us back and was like, so the organization I'm joining is not the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? And we're like no. And then he wouldn't respond again so I think he decided he wanted to stay with the frat house instead. So yeah, we converted a self-referral guy to a college fraternity, that's some quality missionary work right there. This goes to show that we as members and missionaries need to be VERY specific with the little details when talking to non-members. Oops. 

On a brighter note, some awesome members that went to conference over the weekend brought us up some Chick-Fil-A on their way back. It was delightful. I feel the love. 

Over all, the life in the YSA is the best. Good people, good work, I'm gonna hate the day when I have to leave. So I'll make it count while I'm here. 

The church is true for sure. But more importantly, the church is true because God loves us and loves us. I hope you all feel that too. I love you all, have a good week! 

Me and Elder Rich in the Lutheran church to hear an Elder in our zone play their organ.

     -Elder Schneider
Me & Elder Rich

YSA Group pic

Sister Shingleton fed us dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment