Red Lodge Montana

Red Lodge Montana

April 25, 2016



Hey guys,

It's me, just another week in the service! It's been a pretty good one.

We got the chance to do some good service this week. We did some yard work for an older gentleman that is a former investigator. He really appreciated it. But it was really fun. It was nice to be able to do that kind of stuff, I don't get to play in the dirt much anymore so this was much needed. We also started doing service at the senior center here in town so we get to carry trays of food for old people that can't carry it themselves. It was nice to get to know some of these older people and hear their stories. You never know what the most average looking person can go through!

Most of what we did this week was finding because all of the people on our list either have been dropped or baptized. But finding is always good. It humbles you and makes you really focus. We have really trying to find through members. It's the best way to go, if your members like missionary work that is.

In church this last Sunday we had Kaylee, one of our recent converts speak in church. She gave a sweet talk on gratitude. You would have never guessed she was just baptized. She shared some special experiences that brought the spirit very strong.

Going along with that, Augie was confirmed in sacrament too. The baptism was on Saturday and it went really well. Which surprised me because the primary president made the program and she had to work it all out with two different families. But it all came together good in the end. Augie was very happy and said she felt very good. And she said the confirmation was like an overwhelming feeling. We were glad it was so special for her. And elder Palmer confirmed her and it was his first time confirming someone so he was a bit nervous but he did good. It was also her little brothers birthday part the same day as the baptism so we got invited over to eat dinner with them and open presents. We brought presents and they sucked so bad lol, but hey, we're poor give us a break haha.

There's not really a whole lot to write about this week. I've just been reflecting a lot on finding myself as I lose myself in the work. I gave a discussion in distinct meeting this week about that and it made me think a lot about my service to God. Mark 8:35 is the scripture that I based it off of. I'm learning more and more about myself and about God as I do this work. Things are so different than we sometimes see them, but God always sees things for how they really are. And when we embark in the service of God we can start to see things through his eyes a little bit. That's when things start to get fun!!

I love you all! Enjoy your week!




No comments:

Post a Comment