Red Lodge Montana

Red Lodge Montana

March 28, 2016



Easters!

Hey Everybody!


It's been a great week! I'm so tired from it, but it was good. We had some pretty cool things happen.

So first things first, Kaylee got baptized. That was the highlight of my week. The baptism was super spiritual. She invited all of her friends and family and we had the relief society room packed. It was really neat to see. Our Ward mission leader said he had never seen it so packed so that made it pretty special. And then the confirmation on Sunday was awesome too. She's just happy, so I'm happy. There have been a lot of things that have happened to her in the past that led up to this to make it so meaningful to her. And the best part is, it's just the start! Now she gets to continue to live the gospel and see the blessing that come from it! And she is like a fireball, she just makes it known to the world so it’s really got the Ward excited and some of her friends have seemed to catch a little interest. One of her friends came to her confirmation and then posted on Facebook that she went to the Mormon church, so that was missionary work from a recent convert at its finest.

Easter was great. We didn't do anything special haha, just the normal stuff. But it was cool because Kaylee got confirmed on Easter, so that was a plus.  It decided to snow here the other day, it was random.

One of our miracles we had this week was that we found another solid person to teach! I was worried that after we baptized Kaylee the work would slow down but we are blessed enough keep finding new people! So a newer member of our Ward had her daughter Augie move in just last week. And she wasn't a member so she asked Augie if she wanted to take the lessons and she said yes! Holy cow what a miracle! So we taught her last Monday and set a baptism date for her. It will be towards the end of next month. But we just have to make sure she stays solid! But she came to church yesterday so that was a good sign. We also had a family that we are working with come to church so that was a pleasant surprise. They are just slow to progress so we haven't gotten our hopes too high with them, but I have faith. We have a session planned of general conference to watch with them.

We had a really awesome district meeting this week. We had our stake president come in and speak to us about the work and some new ideas. He told us of his new push he is doing on family mission plans. Every family should have their own plan to help others come into Christ. Big or small, they should have one. So he got us all pumped on that because that could make a huge difference in the work in this whole stake. So we are just waiting for his bishops meeting where he will express his vision to all the bishops in the stake and then it can really get rolling. And the best part is that we will be able to work closely with families in helping them make these plans. There is so much joy that comes from a combined effort of members and missionaries. It gets me pumped!

Also, general conference is coming up. I am excited to hear from the lord as we get to hear from our leaders. It will be a great one! I hope you all are preparing yourself for conference. Pray that the speakers will be filled with the spirit to deliver the message that the world needs to hear! And as well as conference, transfer news will be that same Sunday. I hope that I stay! I like this gig that I'm in. I like being a senior companion in this area, it's the best. I kind of like not having to be in a leadership position because then I get to just focus on my area, sounds kind of selfish, but it's true. I'd be cool with not having to be a district or zone leader my whole mission haha. I like getting lost in the work in little Thermopolis Wyoming!

And this week I have a little challenge for all of you. Since its Easter I want you all to learn a little more about our Savior Jesus Christ. I want you go to the missionary section in gospel library app you can see the missionary pamphlets we use. Go read the plan of salvation one. It's golden. It simply puts everything in perspective. Read about Jesus Christ and his atonement think about it for a bit. A good question to ask yourself is, what did Christ save me from? But an ever better question is, what did Christ save me for? He made the sacrifice of his own life knowing that it's the only way for us to be able to return to God, He was fulfilling his life calling. So, Christ has big plans for us, we just have to be willing to be obedient. So think about what that means to you! I know it made me really think about my actions a little more! But I know that my Savior lives and He wants me to use that gift if His atonement so I can become something greater, just like He is great.

I love you all! Keep being awesome.

     -Elder Schneider

Brother Maddock and Kaylee



No comments:

Post a Comment