Red Lodge Montana

Red Lodge Montana

July 20, 2015

Week 2

 
Dear Fam, 
 
The days are really starting to get fast now! Now that I have the hang of things I can start to enjoy it a bit more. I'm just ready to go out already! I still need some practice with some of those lessons but at least I know what I'm doing now. Its crazy how much you grow in this place! There is so much I've learned in just a week and I have so much more stuff to get down. It almost seems like its an impossible task to learn everything you need to know to teach random people on the spot. I learn best from actually teaching people and practicing rather just studying in class. But anyways, its great here!

I've been teaching a few investigators and I'm pretty rough at it but I'm learning! The coolest is a guy by the name of Jonathon. Just fyi, this guy is freaking smart, like he seriously has the hugest vocabulary and I cant even understand him half of the time. But the most impressive part is how fast he learns. We give him a scripture to read or an assignment or something like that and when we come and see him again he understands it better than we do! Its crazy! And when he prays its amazing, its so sincere and heartfelt, it makes me cry haha. But we've given him three lessons and we got him to work towards baptism, so its super exciting. Ahh it just makes me pumped when I can see people take in the gospel and let it change their lives. I just want more and more of it! But not everything has been jolly here. Two missionaries from our district have already gone home. Its really sad, cause I care for them and stuff. But they both prayed and talked to the leaders and decided it was best for them to go. So that was sad but it made me more determined to stay. Leaving isn't an option haha. I could never do that, I would just get depressed and die if I went home.

Just one more day until I go out in the field so I'll get a taste of some real hard missionary work soon. Oh and I can call you guys on Tuesday morning at the airport before I fly out, so be ready for a call in the morning, I'm not 100% sure I can, but they told me that I can buy an hour of call time to call home, so if there isn't too many missionaries on the phones I'll call you ok? Anyway, I hope you guys are doing good, I miss you all! Keep me in touch with what's going on in the family! ok thank you, love you guys :)

      -Love Elder Schneider
 

No comments:

Post a Comment