Red Lodge Montana

Red Lodge Montana

June 5, 2017


Service!


Hey all, 


It's been a busy week. Not much time left in the mission so it's good to keep things busy. 

I would say this has been a week of service. We did 6 different service projects this week. The first one we did was helping a less active family move out. Moving has easily been the most common form of service for me. It's probably that way for most missionaries. The second was a member in his ward that just got a new store and was doing some landscaping so we offered to help him. The third was an older couple in the Ward that was moving dirt into their garden box, so we helped them with that. The fourth was a younger couple in the Ward that is working on an old house they bought to rent out to others, they were reluctant to let us help but we helped them anyways. The fifth was an old couple in our Ward that needed their lawn mowed and hedges trimmed, so we did that for them. And the sixth, last but not least, we went to the assisted living center here in Cody and did the weekly game of bingo with the old folks. And we will continue to do that one as well. So yeah, lots of good was done that I'm happy about. 

On some not so good news, I broke my bike this week. I was going up a steep hill and my chain came off the gear and got stuck really bad in between two of the other gears. Well in the process of yanking the chain out, we bent the piece of metal that the gear shifter is attached too. Not long after that I tried to bend it back in place using the tactic of kicking(smart right?) and snapped it off completely. Not much I can do about that. But, the other set of elders here in Cody said I could use one of their bikes for a couple of weeks because they won't be using it. It'll work out. 

But to lighten the mood again, we have a baptism on Saturday! It's a couple that we have been working with for a good while now. She is a nonmember and he is a member. They've just clung to the gospel and have done everything we have committed them to do to the T. The bishop interviewed him and he's going to baptize her. I think the bishop was excited about it, at least it sounded like it in Ward Council. But I will let you know how it goes next week. And hopefully the two young men that we are teaching get baptized in the near future. I may be home before it happens but I'm confident it will. They are too solid not to. 

There's not much more for this week. But I love the changes this work brings into the lives of others. It shows me that this message is true and good. I love you all. Keep up the good work! 

        -Elder Schneider
Had to say bye to Elder Gutierrez and Maynard. I will miss those guys! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment